Wednesday 9 June 2010

The Wedding Crasher

I'm not what you'd call a world class photographer, nor am I by any means a good photographer. What I am is a bloke who takes as many photos as he can in the hope that some turn out okay: a good picture is worth a thousand turds as they say.

I have a flickr account, but it rarely gets many hits, the photos never win awards, people rarely comment, and my photos are seldom favorited (Yes favourited is a verb!).

So when someone does favorite a photo I tend to notice. When the same person favorites several my curiosity will be piqued.

It turns out that a few days ago an apparent stranger favorited 2 photos from a wedding I attended sometime in the past.

'Perhaps me knows this person' I mused, 'and perchance they might have other photaes of the same event which could prove amusing or otherwise.'

So with a clickety-click of my mouse I grab the reins of the technological horse that is the internet and gallop down the virtual road to the profile page of said individual.

No photos.

Okay maybe they don't like sharing with strangers, that normal. While I'm here I'll maybe look at what other photos they've favorited. Oh golly there's alot of them. There's 43 pages of them. Let's see 43 times 36 photos on a page makes 1548 photos favorited. Yep 1541 favorite photos flickr says.

But is there a common theme? Lets have a look. Well the first photo shows two bridesmaids posing for a photo; the second photo shows some bridesmaids dancing; the third photo is some bridesmaids dancing; number four is a bride dancing which seems to be a departure from the established bridesmaids theme. Five and six show a bride dancing; actually so do photos seven, eight, and nine. Bridesmaids, bridesmaids, bridesmaids, bride, bride, bride-bride-bride, bridesmaid-bride-bride-bridesmaid-bridemaidbridesmaidbridebridebridesmaid.

Ah-ha the next photo shows neither a bride nor a bridesmaid, just two random girls at a wedding reception, clearly there is no pattern here.

Next page: girls at weddings
Next page: girls at weddings
Next page: girls at weddings
Christ this guy attends alot of weddings!
Next page: girls at weddings
Next page: girls at weddings
And you get the idea.

What's that flickr? You say this person is also subscribed to 16 groups? We'll let's see what they are and what they say about their personality:
  1. Weddings - maybe a romantic a heart?
  2. Belt or skirt?!?! - interested in fashion taxonomy
  3. 34D Boobs - a physicist who supports the theory of 11 dimensional supergravity and actively mocks those who suggest other multidimensional theories calling them 'boobs'
  4. Hot Girls Drinking - supporter of proactive hydration to prevent hyperthermia which can be fatal to girls
  5. kokoshung wedding dress - no idea, am afraid to google it
  6. Ladies wears in black&white -again fashion taxonomist
  7. Sweet but seductive lingerie - [Flickr note: 0 photos, 62 members!]
  8. 2008 Prom Dresses
  9. 2009 Prom Dresses - One better than the last group
  10. PLAYBOY, MAXIM AND FHM MAGAZINE FROM EVERY COUNTRY! - from every country mind, no racism here
  11. Anime Girls Collection - aspiring cartoonist?
  12. Candid brastraps
  13. GROUPS of beautiful women - not groups but GROUPS
  14. Videos on Flickr - but videos of what? I must know!!
  15. Loads of breasts - [Flickr note: 8 photos, 3739 members] = 467 members per photo, regardless of your definition of loads I doubt we'll reach a one to one correspondence betwixt breast and member
  16. s-e-x-y
Overall these groups paint a picture of a well rounded and adjusted individual. The fact that they've managed to amass such a collection of pictures is impressive considering how scarce pictures of women actually are on the internet.

And while I'm flattered that you thought my pictures were artfully framed, exquisitely lighted, and well composed enough for you to add to your collection I'm afraid that I must block you nygiants8080 from viewing my account as they feature my friend's (if you're reading this tomorrow then happy birthday btw):
  1. Little sister
  2. Wife
Tomorrow I expect alot more hits on my blog, tomorrow I expect alot more disappointed surfers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment